Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wildfires!!

I'm sure if you've watched the news lately you've seen that the Angeles National Forest is up in flames! One day this week all the smoke was in the Los Angeles Basin where we live, it was hard to see anything outside! Now the smoke is going West and there's a great view (if you can call watching the forest burn down great...) from our roof. The first two shots are from a few nights ago, Adam and I went up to the roof to see the sun setting on the smoke and it turned out we could actually see the glow from the fire just north of downtown! My camera takes horrible night shots but you can see the glow off to the left of downtown. The second two pictures I took just about 10 minutes ago.

The Glow!:
Sun setting West of the smoke over the Hollywood Hills:
From today; you can see that the fire has come over the hill:
Also from today; a view of downtown with a background of fires!
Pray that they won't have to evacuate the city!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Geez, that seems so close you guys!