So I haven't posted for two months....so what?!? Just kidding, I know it's been a heck of a long time since I've posted anything on Blogger so here's a nice long one for ya. It's all about my winter vacation in Oregon. It was such a great time, I'm so lucky to have great friends and family to make it memorable! I got to spend a lot of time with family this vacation, I loved it! Adam was also able to join us for three weeks! We had a blast and here are some pictures...
So the first week I was in Oregon I stayed with my sister before Adam came into town. We couldn't believe the weather! It was like the first winter break where it snowed AND the snow stuck to the ground! White Christmas! The kids loved playing in the snow, it was so much fun. Adelynn was pretty upset with the wind but didn't want to go inside. Carter loved building his very own Frosty with help from Stuart.


When I got to my parents house the weather got even better. It continued to snow and snow! This next picture is of my parent's back yard...isn't it beautiful?

And then I broke out into a nasty rash after Christmas. I think it was a heat rash because the room I slept in was so hot; right behind the fireplace in my parent's basement. The rash was so itchy, I hated it!

Adam was stuck in Phoenix for over 24 hours trying to get to Portland in the midst of the Arctic Blast (that was what the news channel called the snowstorm). Portland airport actually closed not too long after I flew in! Adam was lucky enough to get a ticket to fly into Seattle before they started canceling flights as well. My dad and I took an adventurous drive through the blizzards to pick him up! Adam and I got to do a lot of fun things while he was at my parent's with me. We did some hiking in the Columbia River Gorge, one the most beautiful places on earth!
This pictures is of the two of us at Bridal Veil Falls. With all the snow we had, there was a lot of run off water, which made all of the many waterfalls really beautiful and probably the fullest I've ever seen them.

This is Adam on a tree hanging over Bridal Veil Creek.

The next day we hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls. If you've never seen Multnomah Falls it's a must see. It's the second tallest falls in the United States and huge tourist attraction. Here's what it looks like looking over the top of the falls at 621 feet!

And lastly, here's me at the bottom of the falls. It wasn't raining at all that day, there is so much water coming over the falls that it created a lot of mist, enough to make it feel like it was raining pretty hard at the bottom.

Well, I hope you enjoyed a short recap of my winter break. I must say it wasn't too bad coming back to Los Angeles and waking up to sun and 80 degree weather. Can't complain about that!
Lauren~
2 comments:
Are you wearing earmuffs?! Haha! I hate you and your 80 degree weather.
Oh, and I wish you could have stayed with me for another week...wah!
Post a Comment