Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Shower & Week 37!

Well folks, I think it's time I post some pictures from my baby shower. It was a beautiful and memorable day, April 24th, 2010. My friend Lauren Posey planned a gorgeous shower for Adam and I at her Grandparent's home here in Los Angeles. Their yard was the perfect setting for a great shower! Here's a few highlights: I mainly wanted to post pictures of me opening gifts from my family who couldn't be there. Enjoy!

First let's talk about the amazing spread of food: I mean it was Southern BBQ at its best! Potato Salad, the most amazing Baked Beans ever, BBQ chicken, ribs, and brisket!! Can you say YUMM?!!Here's Adam and I in the shade getting ready to open gifts! Doesn't he look thrilled? hahaOkay here are those family gift highlights I was talking about earlier:

Leave it to Carolyn to get all crafty....She made some beautiful burp cloths, cute as ever!
This next picture is part of my mom's gifts to me - a baby calendar to fill out with all sorts of fun details before and after the birth!
This is the softest blanket EVER! Part of my grandma's gifts to me.
My mother-in-law Vicki made me a dozen burp pads and seven bibs with so many different patterns, useful and adorable!
I kept pulling so many out of the bag, pretty soon I starting stacking them up on Adam! lol
My Aunt Lynne sent me some goodies as well! Here are the cute little sneakers!
And who can forget about the dessert? My friend Courtney made these beautiful fruit tarts!!
Thank you to everyone for the great gifts and to Lauren and the Vargas' for being great planners and hosts!

Lauren~

P.S. Here's a picture of me from today at week 37! I found out today I'm already 1cm dialated! Yikes!!

3 comments:

Trish and Kaleb said...

You are absolutely glowing!!! I am glad you had such an awesome shower, I never thought pregnancy could look so good on one! Best of luck, can't wait to see pictures of this pretty little girl! :)

Meg said...

Lauren, you are too cute. Doesn't it amaze you how much far your skin can stretch! I'm amazed you can even balance with that baby all up front!! Good luck with the next few weeks!!

Carolyn said...

Wow, that looked like such good food! Is that the headband you made?! It's really cute. Glad you received lots of baby items - can't wait until she's here!!